It’s possible to learn how to make your bed at home like a luxury hotel!
If you’ve had the privilege of spending the night in a luxury hotel, you can agree with us that the bed experience was one of the best you’ve most likely had in your life.
After the hustles and bustles of the day, sleeping in a very comfortable bed is everyone’s desire.
So, we’ll help you know how to make your bed at home as comfortable as that in a luxury hotel.
How To Make Your Bed At Home Like A Luxury Hotel
To make your bed as comfortable and luxurious as a 5-star hotel bed, here are some pro tips to keep in mind:
- Choose a good bed. Whether it’s a king-size, queen-size, or twin bed, you can always get a bed that is well-constructed, comfortable and goes well with your bedroom theme. We recommend this Nectar memory foam mattress. Not only is it super comfortable but it ships to your door in an impressively small box that is easy to move!
- You can also add bedside tables, seating areas, storage areas, and other items that you need in your bedroom. This gets rid of too much awkward space and when properly organized, everything makes a design statement.
- Get accessories that are suitable for your bedroom’s theme. You can actually use stuff that you already own. Think accent pillows, bedside lighting, and more.
Check out this article on the 15 bedroom makeover ideas (and essentials) that will transform the feel and look of your bedroom.
10 Steps To Make Your Bed Like A 5-Star Hotel
Are you wondering how to transform your bed so it looks (and feels) like it could be straight from a magazine spread? It all comes down to layering.
Now you have the right colors, the right bed, good wall decor, the right flooring, curtains, lighting, and smart storage in your bedroom, it’s time to make your bed.
Step 1: Get The Most Comfy Mattress For Yourself
Nothing calls for a good night’s sleep than a really comfy mattress. While we love our Nectar mattress, everyone’s needs are different.
But we can all agree that a firm mattress with a layer of memory foam is a good one!
Step 2: Clear Your Bed
Since you’re making your hotel-like bed, you want to start from scratch. Remove all your used linen and clean any possible dirt or dust from your mattress, if any.
Shake out any mattress pads, pillow protectors, and comforters that don’t need to be laundered, and just make sure your mattress is free of dirt, dust, and debris.
Step 3: Add Luxurious Bedsheets
In order to make a luxury hotel-like bed, stick predominantly to white because white beddings are the most commonly used color for hotel linens and bedding.
They are also easier to clean thanks to bleach and anyone can sleep comfortably trusting and knowing they’re laying on clean sheets.
White sheets allow you to freely layer on other prints, patterns, and textures without having to coordinate them with your sheets. Talk about versatility!
If you can afford expensive sheets, stain and silk sheets are some of the best materials to use alongside Pima, Supima, and Egyptian Cotton.
These materials are incredibly soft, comfortable, moisture-absorbing, and adapt well for use throughout the year.
However, if you’re working on a budget, your 100% clean, fresh-smelling white cotton bedsheets should suffice.
- LUXURY AND COMFORT: Experience the grandeur of 5 Star indulgence when you sleep in these super soft Cotton Sheet Set. This exquisite Sheet Set has been painstakingly crafted from the finest 100% Cotton yarns keeping your comfort in mind
- GUARANTEE. OUR USP:100% Cotton Sheets. We specialize in manufacturing some of the softest and most luxurious cotton Sheets in the industry. And that includes our top of the line products - our cotton Sheets. A 100% Cotton Sheet Set crafted from the finest cotton yarns. No misleading Title or Description. Unbeatable prices
- CLASSIC TAILORED LOOK WITH DEEP POCKETS: Queen Set includes a 90 x 102 inch flat Sheet, 60 x 80 x 12 inch fitted Sheet, and 2, 20 x 30 pillowcases. Comes in many attractive colors to suit your bedroom décor. Fully elasticized fitted Sheets with 15 inch deep pockets are generously sized to fit deep and pillow-top mattresses
- HIGH QUALITY: Woven from the finest Cotton Yarns to ensure super soft luxurious Sheets which are breathable and long-lasting with a specialized finishing process to enhance the softness of the fabric
- NO RISK PURCHASE 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE: Our #1 goal is to offer you the most amazing products at the best prices for the ultimate customer experience. We are super confident in the quality and comfort of our product that we offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee! Try our products and if you don’t absolutely love them just let us know. If for some reason you are unsatisfied simply contact us within 30 days to return the product for a full refund
Pro Tip: If you have the fitted sheet (one that has the rounded elastic corners) lying somewhere in your closet, you won’t be needing it since we making a hotel-like bed.
And if you’ve stayed over at hotels, you’ll notice that this particular sheet is missing from the bed.
Instead, hotels use two flat sheets: a bottom flat sheet that is usually oversized and tightly tucked around the mattress using hospital corners and a top flat sheet that is tucked in on the sides and the foot of the bed, with the top folded over and also, tucked.
However, you can leave most of each side of the top sheet untucked so it is easier to get into the bed.
Also, ensure to put the top flat sheet on upside down, so when you fold over the top portion, you see the correct side of the sheet.
Check out this IG TV video below and see how the Hilton hotel makes its beds.
View this post on Instagram
Step 4: Add a High-Quality Bed Covering
You have the best mattress, and bed sheets for your needs, but your sleeping system is incomplete without a bed covering.
There are so many options of bed covering to choose from: blankets, comforters, bedspreads, duvets, and much more. But we love a good duvet or a comforter.
Clearly, the covering you put on your bed can affect the style of your bedroom as well as your comfort when you’re sleeping.
- A comforter is a thick, warm bed covering made of breathable fabric casing that’s filled with insulating materials such as down, down alternative, or polyester. Thus, the comforter has more weight and offers more warmth.
- A bedspread is a lightweight, decorative bed covering that can be used alone in warm weather or as a decorative addition to a comforter in cold weather. Bedspreads add an extra element of style to your bed during fall and winter and quilt is every homeowner’s summer favorite.
- A blanket is a large piece of material that keeps you warm when you’re in bed or taking a nap on the couch. While throw blankets can be used everywhere, some people use thicker, warmer, and longer baskets as a bed covering. Everyone has them!
- A duvet is like a soft flat bag made with different kinds of fabric and stuffed with down, or down alternative, like silk, wool, polyester, or feathers. Duvets (also duvet inserts) are usually plain white in color, but you can dress them up in fancy duvet covers, depending on the occasion, season, or mood.
To use your bed covering, spread it over your sheets on the mattress, and smooth it out. These warmer options are good for the fall and winter and they also cozy up the room.
However, in the warmer months of summer, just use a quilt bedspread on the bed. It makes the bed feel light and airy for summer.
You want to throw any of these coverings on your bed and let it float down on tops of your sheets. If it’s a duvet or comforter, this motion will allow your bed to retain the fluff.
Afterward, pull the corners taught and equally distributed on both sides of the bed. Then, fold the top of the covering (the area close to the headboard) in a rectangle to leave room for your pillows.
Step 5: Get Comfy Pillows
We can’t emphasize enough on the importance of good, comfy pillows – for your health, a good night’s sleep, and the overall look of your room.
As you make your bed, place the pillows in the desired configuration.
While some may want to place pillows underneath the blanket, you want to place the pillows upright against the headboard or wall at the head of the bed to give your bed the luxury hotel-bed look you want to achieve.
- ☁️Cloud-Like Experience: BedStory hotel luxury pillows come with premium 3D microfiber fills to provide all the cushion you need. It feels like sleeping on a soft and fluffy cloud.
- 🛏️Supportive Comfort: With this bed pillow, you can feel your head and neck completely supported without sinking or falling flat. The decent height and loft are suitable for most sleepers.
- 💖Breathable Pillows: Filled with down alternative fibers, this pillow is breathable enough to ensure the comfort for your sleep throughout the night.
- ✅Easy Home Care: The set of 2 sleeping pillows are easy to care. It’s super convenient to keep them fresh.
- ✅WHAT YOU GET: BedStory 2 Pack standard size pillows 20 x 26 inches (8.8-in height). If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.
Pro Tip: You may love that pile of pillows on your bed, but if you never wash them they can be bad news for your skin and health. You want to wash your pillowcases every week, and your pillows every two months.
Also, consider regularly replacing your regularly cleaned pillows after a few years, probably two to three.
Step 6: Dress Them With Satin Pillow Cases
Satin and silk pillowcases are great!
They are smooth, super gentle on skin and hair, and the fabric allows your hair and skin to look fresh. No wonder hotels invest in satin pillowcases to wow their guests.
Step 7: Add Accent Pillows
Accent pillows add a decorative element to your bed.
After you’ve made it so well, you want to make a style statement. Accent pillows allow you to also inject pops of color into your decor, particularly, if you’ve used neutral colors while making your bed.
Pro Tip: When it comes to decorating your bed with accent pillows, pillow arrangements make all the difference. Pile on the pillows to create a bed statement any time!
Start with your sleeping pillows and prop them against the headboard with the open side of the pillowcases facing the nearest side of the bed.
Place your three euro pillows next, followed by two more king pillows. Center your bolster at the front of your formation. While this is just one of the most common pillow arrangements, there are a ton of them and you have the options to choose.
- Light grey platform bed frame
- Durable wooden slat design/mattress support
- Dimensions: 89" L x 85" W x 51" H | Headboard height: 48"
- Silver button accents
- Easy to assemble
Check out this article on 12 pillow arrangements you can try for your king bed, queen bed, and twin bed.
Furthermore, here is a chart I found on Pottery Barn that demonstrates how many pillows you could use and how to arrange them on your bed.
Step 8: Spread Out Throws & Blankets
For a well-dressed, hotel-like bed, the details. For a crowning touch and added texture, fold a throw blanket, thin quilt, or extra blanket, and layer it across the foot of the bed. You can also toss onto an end-of-bed bench if you wish to accent your bed further.
We love the chunky cable knit and faux fur throws as they can add an immediate sense of luxurious texture.
Even when you simply toss them onto the bed instead of folding them, throws and blankets make the space look elegant and inviting.
- SIZE INFORMATION: 1 Queen/Full Sized Duvet Cover (88"X88")
- 100% EGYPTIAN COTTON DUVET COVERS: Our plush duvet covers are made from Extra Long Staple Egyptian Cotton that is good for your home and good for the environment. Move over dust-trapping microfiber and bring home the luxury hotel experience with thick cotton fibre with a smooth sateen finish.
- ZIPPER CLOSURE & CORNER TIES: Each cotton duvet cover features a hidden, hassle-free zipper closure, easier than a regular button closure, so you can conveniently get your comforter in and out of this cover. It also has 7 internal ties to prevent slippage and keep your insert in place.
- ELEGANT DESIGN IN 1000 TC: 1000 Thread Count, available in a wide range of vibrant colors, these neutral duvet covers with wrinkled texture offer an elegant foundation for layering your bed. Each fluffy duvet cover is densely woven with a sateen weave to be breathable and long-lasting. The craftsmanship of 1000 threads per inch provides a blend of softness, durability, and year-round comfort—use the cooling duvet covers in the summer or layer in the winter.
- DURABLE & EASY CARE: Soft and smooth, this modern weighted blanket duvet cover is finished with high-strength stitching and are low-maintenance. Machine wash in cold water, tumble dry low, and iron when needed. If you prefer wrinkle-free bedding, use a short dry cycle and take your cover out promptly from the dryer or sun-dry.
Step 9: Add A Welcome Pack
Everyone feels at home when the bedroom is very calming and inviting.
Some of the accessories you can use to create a luxury hotel welcome pack in your own home bedroom include:
- Clean, white towels neatly rolled and artistically arranged alongside a foot-of-the-bed wine bottle and a welcome note. This would be great for you and your partner!
- Clean and neatly-folded towels with a bottle of sparkling water for you to hydrate yourself before taking a shower,
- Clean towels with your evening routine bath and skincare products – that way, you won’t forget to take a shower and care for your skin at night.
- A throw blanket or a neatly folded duvet.
- Anti aging - In laboratory testing, Slipsilk pillowcases were shown to absorb significantly less face cream than cotton pillowcases*, so they can help keep your skin's moisture and valuable face and hair products where they belong, on your face and hair.
- Anti sleep crease - Slipsilk has been shown to reduce friction, allowing skin to glide along the pillow, which can reduce pressure on creased skin.
- Anti bed head - Ordinary pillowcases can cause hair tangling during the night. In laboratory testing, Slipsilk has been shown to reduce friction by 43% on average*, which can reduce stretching and tugging on hair and delicate facial skin. *Compared to widely-available cotton pillowcases with a 220-360 thread count.
- The Slipsilk difference - Slip pure silk products are made using Slipsilk. Specially-commissioned and made to our exacting standards, Slipsilk has been developed and refined for over ten years to provide the ultimate combination of shine, thickness, softness, and durability.
- Slip is the #1 preferred brand of silk pillowcases by dermatologists for their patients, themselves and their families.** **In a survey of dermatologists in the United States conducted between 1-12 November 2021.
Your choice of welcoming pack depends on you, and what activities you want to do in your bedroom just before you fall asleep.
As well, most people will want to add this pack in the master bedroom and guest rooms, and not necessarily the kids’ bedroom.
However, you can also add it there, and possibly include a journal and a throw blanket for your kids.
Step 10: Step Back & Enjoy The View!
You’ve come a long way already! So walk back a little and just look at your hotel-like bed. Do you like it? That’s great. Laying in there tonight will be awesome!
Pro Tip: Accessorize your bed with a nightstand and bedside lighting to heighten the experience. A nightstand accents the room and provides storage as you can have your essentials for your nighttime ritual on it while a table lamp provides gentle task lighting.
Make a ritual of bed-making. The more often you make your bed, the more enjoyable it is, and the faster your process. At this point, it becomes a welcome ritual, signifying setting things in order for a new day.
Among all rooms in your home, your bedroom’s look should be the most relaxing. It should have a calm atmosphere. Your interior design will greatly affect the ambiance and mood of your bedroom.
Looking to dress your bed like a luxury hotel?
Layering is key. Remember, hotel-inspired beds are typically contemporary with pared-down bedding that appears lush and inviting.
- SOPHISTICATED DESIGN: Bring simple sophistication to any room with our 24" x 36" floating glass modern top rounded corner gold toned metal framed mirror. Our simple brushed gold toned metal framed mirror is the perfect addition to various styles and design elements offering a contemporary finish. Our premium, large, rectangular, plate glass mirror floats in the frame surrounded by a thin 1/8" gap. Clean simple edges the glass sits 1 1/4" back in a deep 2" gold brushed metal frame.
- SAFE AND EASY TO INSTALL: Our glass is safely custom inlaid and protected by the surrounding frame construction. The mirror is recessed into the deep frame and floated from the frame edges. The mirror comes with reinforced D-ring hanging clips as well as the wall hardware and screws to easily hang the mirror in a bathroom, entry way or over a table.
- 3 GENERATIONS OF EXCELLENCE: Our family has been manufacturing and producing mirrors for over 3 generations. We stand by the quality of our product and your experience. A family owned business with simple principles. Affordable quality from an American company.
- EXCEPTIONAL QUALITY: We use premium materials not found in other lesser quality imitation mirrors you will see. Our mirrors are made to strict trade-secret standards and pass a rigorous 8 point inspection. Every mirror comes with our certification of authenticity.
- This mirror is the perfect addition to your home. The deep-set design and rounded corners are a great touch. A contemporary mirror is hanging can be hung horizontally or vertically. With total exterior dimensions of the center plate glass is floating with air space and surrounded by a solid stainless steel metal curved corner frame.
Choose high-quality white linens and sheets as the base layer and keep the color palette of the quilt, duvet, or comforter and throws neutral but elegant- here, the fabric is your key so use it to your advantage. Pile some decorative pillows and round enjoy your well-dressed bed!
How do you make your bed? Have you tried a hotel-like bed before?
- This stylish service cart has top shelf that can be used as a food tray. Easy to move. The mobile bar cart is very convenient to move.
- Ample storage space, shelves can provide more space for trays, snacks and other small items.
- Industrial style-The high-quality materials of the shelves and frames create a rustic industrial style, which is a timeless fashion for kitchens and restaurants.
- Not only is it very suitable for storing wine, drinks and party snacks, but it can also beautifully display decorations, photos and plants.
- Sturdy structure-made with a sturdy frame structure to improve durability and ensure that the shelf of this buffet cart can withstand considerable weight.