Have you tried any entryway décor ideas to spruce up this spot in your home?
Well, your home’s entry is the first place your guests will see when they step into your home. In fact, this pot welcomes you too, into your sweet abode.
Thus, your entryway deserves some decorations to set the tone for the rest of your home.
Since a beautiful and well-organized entryway makes your home feel inviting even before accessing other rooms, let’s help you decorate an entryway that screams ‘welcome home!’
18 Entryway Décor Ideas To Set The Tone For Your Home
After all, it’s the first impressions that matter most!
No matter the size of your foyer, we gathered amazing entryway decor ideas for your inspiration, It’s time to inject a ton of style and function into your current entryway.
Before we even start talking about entryway decor items, just look at what a little bit of paint can do:
A great credenza or sideboard goes a long way, also.
I love this one:
1. Get a sleek console table
A gorgeous console table is a score for your entryway. Designed to be slim and unobtrusive, they can rest against a wall without taking up much room.
When placed in the entryway, a console table provides a strong focal point and the first impression when guests enter your home.
I love this console table.
Be sure to check out this big list of stylish console tables.
Mix style and function by decorating your console table with a mirror, lamp and family photos to provide the perfect spot to welcome guests.
- 【STURDY & STABLE DESIGN】This black console table was crafted from high quality P2 Grade MDF board and laminated particleboard. Precision workmanship make the desk can be used it for many years.
- 【MODERN DESIGN STYLE】Owning much to its clean lines and elaborated black finish. With modern sleek design, the vanity desk for small spaces can suit any home, office dorm, school and workspace.
- 【LARGE SPACE】The small wall table with 2 large storage drawers and 1 open concept shelf which provides ample space for massive space for computer, monitor, printer, writing, study and other home office activities.
- 【SAVE YOUR TIME】Easy 60-minute assembly. The couch table top has been assembled, just need to attach the legs and struts.
- 【100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE】We are committed to creating good experiences and eternal memories for our customers. If you have any questions concerning our narrow sofa table, please contact us by Amazon Message or email.
2. Add a Statement Mirror
Add to the charm of your entryway by adding a captivating mirror.
They help brighten things up by reflecting light and creating the illusion that the space is actually bigger than it really is.
Foyers require large, oversized wall mirrors, which are perfect for last-minute mirror-checks, creating the illusion of wider hallways and adding balanced light to narrow areas.
While you can go for round mirrors, sunburst mirrors are much better!
- Inspired by classic mid-century modern design
- Stands on round tapered legs
- Ideal for use as a buffet or media cabinet
- Two large cabinets with adjustable shelves
- Three large drawers with full extension glides and genuine metal hardware
You May Also Like: How to Decorate with Mirrors & Design Ideas to Avoid
3. Use an Entryway Bench
A small seating adds a beautiful yet practical function to your space. It provides the essential storage and seating that every entryway needs in order to be clean and organized.
Stay a while!
4. Add A Bold Painting or Sculpture
Impressive artwork sets the stage the stage for an inviting home. It immediately catches the eye and attention of anyone who walks through the front door.
Choose a perfect piece that will personalize your space and make it more appealing.
Instead of just adding a statement piece of artwork, create an art gallery by arranging striking pieces of artwork along your entryway wall.
5. Ornately Tile Your Floors
A graphic floor with a vibrant color palette goes a long way in making a statement!
If you live in areas prone to wet weather, go for durable, water-resistant flooring which is ideal for busy entryways.
Compared to ceramic tiles, porcelain is harder and less porous making it an ideal choice for high traffic areas.
6. Have a Shoe Rack
Sneaking a creative shoe storage solution is a fantastic way to create space and bring about organization in your entryway.
After all, having a place to put on or take off shoes in an entryway is essential in many homes. You want a shoe rack which will look clean and minimal while keeping your soles out of sight.
7. Add A Durable Rug
Perhaps one of the most common entryway décor ideas, and we cannot dispute!
A beautiful rug brings life, comfort and style to your entryway! Boldly-patterned rugs in particular add color and warmth to the space.
Go for a rug that is proportional to the size of your entryway, and when placing it down, always leave a sufficient vertical air gap between your rug and the door.
- ECO-FRIENDLY: Nature is the future! We are proud that all our products' quality control is made, and they are OEKO-TEX certificated. Therefore, non-slip materials are not used during these rugs' manufacture and are recommended to be used with a rug pad.
- ELEGANT & STYLISH: Trendy yet timeless traditional style gives an elegant look to the room, which brings your home an effortless sophistication
- WASHABLE & EASY TO CLEAN: We know that a convenient rug should be easily cleaned, and we professionally worked on this essential point. Simply, toss in the machine for a quick wash, then dry using air only setting without heat and enjoy your fresh-looking clean rug!
- KID & PET-FRIENDLY: As Adiva Rugs, we care for children and pets more than anything. Producing organic and spill & stain-resistant rugs is our priority since we want you to enjoy your time with your family and never worry about the rest. You can use your carpets safely and without hesitation in every corner of your home.
- HIGH-QUALITY: Power loomed in Turkey of 100% Polyester with Cotton backing and, using the most advanced rug-making technology, these printed designs provide a textured effect by portraying every single individual knot on a soft polyester base.
You also want to choose a rug that is not only good to look at yet very easy to clean.
That’s why patterned rugs can be such lifesavers- whilst adding visual interest to a space, they also hide dirt and grime temporarily until you have a chance to clean the rug.
Bookmark this list of gorgeous rugs, too.
- Kova natural cabinet is a beautiful modern boho-chic piece with a natural color palette made of light oak wood finish and 2 swinging cane door fronts to keep your house clutter-free.
- The sleek and space-saving design of this sideboard or accent cabinet will add character to your room in minutes.
- The storage cabinet features adjustable interior shelves that make it easy to tuck away storage and organize the room. With two swinging doors, this cabinet offers plenty of hidden storage.
- Use it in your entryway to greet guests, in the living room to display your record player, or in your dining room as a spot to hold dinnerware.
- Easy 60-minute assembly.
8. Dress Your Walls
Use eye-catching wallpaper to break up all the white space.
And if wallpaper isn’t your thing, just go bold with the walls as long as your paint color comfortably introduces the rest of your home without coming off as too strong or out-of-place.
You May Also Like: 15 Creative Ideas To Decorate With Wallpaper
10. Plate The Walls
Decorative plates make fabulous wall art and are infinitely flexible. You can create a gorgeous focal point in your entryway by displaying extra mix matched plates on the wall.
You May Also Like: How to Decorate Your Walls – No Repainting Needed!
11. Add a Sculptural Light Fixture
Featuring a striking light fixture in your entrance can deliver a WOW factor to your guests. Pick a beautiful chandelier or a well-done pendant light to provide the illusion of much-needed space for your entryway.
12. Add A Center Table
If you have a large entryway space, the thought of extending your cocktail parties to this area might have crossed your mind. If so, add a long table that could serve as a bar, if necessary.
13. Stand-out Staircase!
A dramatic staircase always stands out! Inject a dose of style by laying down a stylish staircase runner and really create a statement.
We found this textured round black table on Amazon!
14. Add An Umbrella Holder
An umbrella dripping water just by the door is unacceptable! You want to introduce an umbrella holder especially if the weather is wet.
If you can’t get a nice umbrella holder, just add a good basket there that can be used for various other purposes too!
Vertical storage is great in particularly since any residual water left on the umbrellas drips into a contained area, allowing them to dry in a convenient place.
15. Mount Wall Hooks
Wall hooks help keep your home organized-thus, you need them mounted by the entryway. You will need them for hanging coats, and bags.
When hooked to the wall, the hook takes up no space and goes virtually unnoticed unless the hook also has a decorative function.
16. Add An Ottoman
Adding an ottoman to your entryway is also a great way to add extra seating to this space. The kids will also love it since they tend to toss everything on that ottoman as they come through the hallway.
17. Add A Large Tropical Plant
Give your entrance personality by using the right plant to breathe a little extra life into your home before you even step inside.
You May Also Like: The Best Indoor Plants To Grow For Beginners
18. Hang A Floating Shelf
A floating shelf is perfect for dropping keys and stacking mail without taking up any floor space at all.
Thus, display your style with a set of beautiful floating shelves. Find one with built-in hooks or install your own underneath to make the most of your wall space.
- This table is perfect for a sitting area or small eating area
- Made out of metal and has a black textured finish
- Easily decorated with a vase and florals or decorative books
- Perfect for a modern home
- 18" Round x 18"H
Which of these 18 entryway décor ideas have you employed in your home?